New career opportunities
ALM Translations is always on the look-out for new talent to come and work for us. We offer exciting career opportunities to work with a growing company within the localisation industry. If there are no current translation job opportunities available, please submit your CV to email@example.com and we will consider you for future roles.
French Translation Project Manager
ALM Translations is seeking an experienced, ambitious and highly motivated French native-speaking Project Manager to manage project delivery for a number of prestigious client accounts. The position requires proven project management skills, the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and growing business environment, experience in working as part of a team, as well as independently, driving workload to successful completion, and managing and growing client relationships. This will involve direct communication and interaction with our portfolio of French and French-speaking clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced project manager who is smart, organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic, to work with our Project Management team with a view to developing the role and contributing towards the continued success of the business and to its planned expansion.
Typical responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the delivery of a whole range of translation and related-services projects from start to successful completion.
- Managing projects independently and leading service delivery for clients.
- Using principles, methods and effectively managing the projects under your accountability from initiation through to delivery, and supporting team members in managing their projects where needed.
- Determining resource requirements (e.g. linguist, budget, timing) and optimal cost structure for projects based on language project objectives and operational needs.
- Proactively leading the identification of any potential issues and resolving and closing identified gaps
- Mentoring junior project coordinators
- Communicating effectively (verbally and written)
- Actively participating in client meetings where required.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with clients, based on our requirements and with our guidance.
Skills & Experience:
- BA degree in a language-related field, or business studies. MA preferred.
- Language skills: Fluent English and native in French, or fully bilingual.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and growing business
- Ability to act on direction and rapidly implement
- Project management experience – minimum of 2 years with the ability to: apply project management principles & best practices to projects (scope, schedule and risk management, changes to scope), be flexible and rapidly adapt and respond to business and client-driven changes
- Experience working in a translation agency or department within an agency or company preferred
- Proven knowledge (Advanced) of CAT tools (Trados/Studio) as well as other similar software – the ability to train others
- Strong written and oral communication skills including presentation/meeting facilitation
- Good attention to detail
- Client relationship building & management skills
- Ability to take initiative in resolving queries/issues
- Responsibility and accountability in client-facing situations
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Good IT skills and advanced knowledge of MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who would be working towards building a larger French-speaking team while maintaining and building relationships with our clients.
If you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and covering letter outlining why you would be perfect for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us to discuss your requirements
"I’ve reviewed the two documents and first off, I have to say that the translation was really well done - in the past I’ve seen stuff that would give a high score in Scrabble"