What sets us apart from other translation companies?
Some agencies are highly tech-orientated, but are lacking in actual language skills. They focus on productivity and cost savings, but not quality – not ideal for the end customer.
Others are linguists and are not the most commercially aware, even though the language quality will usually be good.
ALM Translations bridges the gap between the two, with a mix of in-house linguists, some of the best translators in the industry and a high-tech IT department, offering customers the ultimate in translation and language solutions.
The result = happy customers, customer loyalty, trust and lots of repeat business.
We love what we do, but understand that for many of our clients, translation is a sales tool, a lead generator or a legal requirement and they’re not interested in all the stuff in between. We don’t always get a lot of praise for what we do, but that’s because we’re doing a great job!
Behind the scenes, we have a team of linguists, translation reviewers, talent recruiters, a technical team, a creative team and two highly skilled company directors, keeping it all going so the process of getting a translation done is simple. We make it look easy, but really, it isn’t!
Our philosophy – ALM Translations’ 10 commandments
- Always discuss the client’s requirements in detail and offer the best service and advice;
- All requests are important and will be answered in a timely manner;
- All clients are equal – we will respect all of our clients, both big and small;
- We will act in an ethical and fair way at all times;
- Our Quality Assurance will be part of our added value and will be carried out on all translations;
- We will continuously strive to move forward, investing in the latest technology to continuously improve our service to our customers and reduce costs;
- We will never disrespect any of our competitors;
- We will only work with the best translators and linguists;
- We will treat our work colleagues and translators in the way we would like to be treated ourselves;
- We will pull out all the stops where necessary to meet a client’s needs.
Who we are
Our company was founded in 2002 by its two directors, Lisa Williams and Rachel Wilkes. Both directors already had a lot of experience in the translation industry. They worked together for a large agency, decided they could do things better, and the rest is history…
Since those early days of long hours and weekend work, we’re now supported by a fantastic team. We have a dedicated translation recruiter, a team of in-house linguists and a team of bilingual project managers, as well as a technical solutions department. You can find out more about these lovely people on our Meet the Team page.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements
"The quality was great. We were very impressed by the work that was undertaken."