Peugeot UK’s French to English translation provider
Working with PSA and Peugeot UK as their main French to English translation provider has been a great privilege for ALM Translations.
With requirements ranging from French marketing collateral, after-sales and diagnostic software translation, Peugeot needed the best translations carried out by specialist translators.
- A world-wide, bluechip company with many different departments, all with translation requirements, mainly French to English translation services
- Multiple systems in place, inconsistent translations carried out by a mix of native and non-native speaking translators.
- ALM Translations works with many different contacts delivering a varied range of translations, covering technical (diagnostic, recalls), PR (new product launches, press releases) and e-learning documentation.
- The company’s in-house translator in the technical documentation department manually translated and updated documents from a historic library of data.
- ALM Translations assessed the needs of the main technical department in terms of technology, efficiency and revenue.
- We introduced a cloud-based technology solution enabling ALM Translations and Peugeot’s in-house translator to work together.
- We created a cloud-based workflow solution to allow a better flow of terminology and upcycling of data.
- We devised a training programme, training in-house staff on the system.
- We imported all historic data for inclusion in our translation memory system.
- The suggested translation memory system ensured terminology and data were upcycled by Peugeot’s in-house translator, ensuring consistency across the board.
- Savings have reached in the region of 35% across the company, to date.
- Based on the success of this project, ALM Translations has integrated the department’s translation requirements in-house and is now the main point of contact for Peugeot in France and in the UK.
- Turnaround times have been dramatically reduced.
- Client terminology feedback can be adapted and edited quickly for future use.
- Potential to roll out to other departments.
ALM can help you reduce your internal and external translation costs by introducing a centralised system? Contact us today to discuss how we can help you to streamline your translation requirements