TRANSLATION VENDOR MANAGER
We have a fantastic opportunity for a highly-motivated Vendor Manager in our growing organisation.
ALM Translations is looking for an experienced Vendor Manager who will be responsible for the specialist recruitment and coordination of all translation resource activity.
Our VM will need to understand the need for recruitment of translators in their mother tongue, and in specialist fields including technical and legal, digital, marketing and creative.
You will work very closely with our PMs to ensure that all project demands are understood and met and that suppliers are effectively managed.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Active, on-going management of our translator database, keeping records up to date etc.
- Recruitment of new resources in order to create and expand a dedicated resource supply to accommodate clients’ needs.
- Monitoring language trends and filling any gaps in resources.
- Using relevant market resources for recruitment.
- Evaluation and tracking of vendor performance in liaison with our review department.
- Relationship management with existing vendors.
- Answering translator payment and invoicing queries, in liaison with our accounts department.
- Creating and distributing a monthly report on recruited translators.
- Rate negotiations – ongoing.
- Helping project managers with specific translator requirements, both on an ad hoc basis and based on ongoing project requirements.
- Ideally, 2 years’ experience or more in Vendor Management, preferably in the translation industry.
- BA or Masters in a language-related subject.
- Knowledge of CAT tools is an advantage.
- Good relationship-building and communication skills.
- Commitment to a high level of professional customer service.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter with ‘Translation Vendor Manager’ as the subject line of your email to email@example.com by 18th December 2015.
Please DO NOT apply for this role via our website!