Are you an enthusiastic and talented individual, with great language skills and excellent attention to detail?
ALM Translations is committed to quality and continuous improvement and is looking for a new team member to join its busy in-house Review Department. The role is an entry-level role and will involve continuous training.
Benefits of working for ALM Translations
After successful completion of a 3-month trial period, ALM offers career progression and continuous training.
Our strategy for growth anticipates further expansion of the department, making it likely that there will be interesting ad hoc in-house roles available from time to time in the future.
Overview of the role:
- Review translated documents on a wide range of topics, including legal, medical, technical and commercial, which have been translated into English. Editing of Machine Translated texts to improve quality according to client brief;
- Work closely with our Project Management team;
- Revise or edit for accuracy and conformity with client’s instructions and terminology and style guides, with an understanding that, as a commercial business, there are time constraints involved;
- Correct and improve the linguistic quality and clarity of documents;
- Work with the PM and Review team to help answer queries relating to grammar, meaning, syntax, vocabulary, usage or style;
- Carry out linguistic research and prepare terminological glossaries, lexicons and other useful reference material, where required;
- Help to keep our in-house knowledge bases up to date;
- Work with a variety of CAT tools, including client-specific tools, ensuring that glossaries and termbases are adhered to;
- Use relevant QA checker tools to pick up small minor errors and inconsistencies prior to delivery.
|Key requirements: |
- Communication is key – must be able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team and also independently, to meet tight deadlines without compromising on quality.
- Must be self-managing after a period of training.
- Working to ensure consistent improvements that can be measured.
- Must have a broad general knowledge and a keen interest in continuous learning.
- Must be a native speaker of English, with degree-level knowledge of two other languages
- Knowledge of German would be preferred.
- A translation qualification would be preferred.