ALM TRANSLATIONS LIMITED
ALM Translations Limited understands that as a user or visitor to this website, www.almtranslations.com (“Our Site”), Your privacy is important, and We wish to reassure You about how Your Personal Data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, and will only collect and use Personal Data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and Your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on Your computer or device by Our Site when You visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when You use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 7, below;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
|“Personal Data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that You provide to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);|
|“We/Us/Our”||means ALM Translations Limited (company number 04395794) whose registered office is situated at 5 Ardent Court, William James Way, Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire B95 5GF;|
|“You/Your”||means any user or visitor to Our Site.|
2. Our Site and other information
- Our Site is owned and operated by ALM Translations Limited.
- We are a member of the Association of Translation Companies.
3. Your rights
- As a data subject, You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Right to be informed about Our collection and use of Personal Data;
- Right of access to the Personal Data We hold about You;
- Right to rectification if any Personal Data We hold about You is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to “be forgotten” – meaning the right to ask Us to delete any Personal Data We hold about You;
- Right to restrict, or prevent, the processing of Your Personal Data;
- Right to data portability (obtaining a copy of Your Personal Data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- Right to object to Us using Your Personal Data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- In addition to Your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 3.1, when You submit Personal Data via Our Site, You may be given further options to restrict Our use of Your data in certain circumstances. In particular, You may opt-out of receiving emails from Us which You may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of Your Personal Data held by Us. We will respond to Your request without raising a charge. Please contact Us using the details provided in section 8.
- If You have any cause for complaint about Our use of Your Personal Data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 8 and We will do Our best to resolve Your concerns. If We are unable to help, You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office, which can provide further information about Your rights.
4. Types of data we collect
- Depending upon Your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data:
- Business/company name;
- Job title;
- Contact information such as postal and email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers;
- Information relating to Your activity on Our Site;
- Documents and other material which You may upload to Our Site for costing or translation purposes;
- Information about such documents and other material, such as original language, word counts;
- Content of messages;
- CV details in respect of career opportunities
5. Using Your data
- All Personal Data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard Your rights under the GDPR at all times.
- Our use of Your Personal Data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with You, because You have consented to Our use of Your Personal Data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use Your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing Your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring Your experience on Our Site;
- Providing You with cost guidance about Our services;
- Providing You with other information about Our services;
- Supplying Our services to You;
- Replying to enquiries online, through social media, by post, email or telephone or by any other means, from You;
- Supplying You with emails that You have opted into (You may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time);
- Analysing Your use of Our Site to enable Us to improve Our Site and Your user experience;
- Considering Your application or enquiry about employment or engagement with Us;
- With Your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use Your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting You by email, telephone and/or post with information about Our business and Our services. We will not send You any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect Your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- Third parties whose content may appear on Our Site may use third party Cookies. Please note that We do not control the data which may be collected and used by any such third parties and We advise You to check the privacy policies which may apply to them.
- You have the right to withdraw Your consent to Us using Your Personal Data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
- We do not keep Your Personal Data for any longer than is necessary in the light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- Names and contact details will be retained indefinitely for marketing and monitoring purposes (unless You ask us to delete them);
- Documents and other material which You may upload to Our Site for costing or translation purposes will usually be retained for 24 months, except where We contract with You or provide services to You in relation to such documents and other material, in which event that will usually be retained indefinitely;
- Financial information will usually be retained for 24 months after we cease to use such information in relation to providing services to You;
- Other data will typically be held for 24 months but We may assess the appropriate period of retention, according to its nature and the reason(s) for collection.
The retention periods in this section are a guide and We reserve the right to assess the appropriate period for retention on an individual basis, provided that We will always comply with our legal obligations.
6. Data storage and sharing
- We only keep Your Personal Data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have Your permission to keep it.
- Your data will only be stored in the UK.
- Data security is very important to Us, and to protect Your data We have taken suitable technical and organisational measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site. For example, We store Your Personal Data on secure servers. While We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard Your Personal Data, You acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason, We cannot guarantee the security or integrity of Personal Data that is transferred from You or to You via the internet.
- Subject to the remainder of section 6, We will not share any of Your data with any third parties for any purposes.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include Your Personal Data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental or regulatory authority.
- We may sometimes contract with third parties in relation to the supply of services to You. These may include access to and provision of third-party software, cloud data storage and backup facilities, payment processing and marketing. In some cases, such third parties may require access to some or all of Your data. Where any of Your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that Your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with Your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify You. We may from time to time share such data with third parties.
- By using Our Site You may also receive certain third party Cookies on Your computers or devices, from time to time. Third-party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. Any such Cookies are not integral to the functioning of Our Site and Your use and experience of Our Site will not be impaired by refusing consent to them.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
- Before Cookies are placed on Your computers or devices, You will be asked for Your consent to set those Cookies, in the form of a pop-up or similar. You may, if You wish, refuse consent to the placing of Cookies, but if you do so, certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on Your computer or device:
Cookie Name Expiration Description
_ga 2 years Used to distinguish users.
_gid 24 hours Used to distinguish users.
_gat 1 minute Used to throttle request rate.
These cookies are used by Google Analytics to help us provide the best service to our visitors, by allowing us to see which pages work well and if any of our content needs changing to make the site better in the future.
More information can be found at: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
- In addition to the controls that We provide, You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in Your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable You to choose whether You wish to disable all cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed.
- You can choose to delete Cookies on Your computer or device at any time, but this may affect Your ability to access and use Our Site.
8. Contacting Us
Please contact us to discuss your requirements
"I have been working with ALM Translations since 2013 and have been impressed with their expert translations and their professionalism. They have a clear understanding of our specific line of business, which was a key requirement from the start. I have found ALM’s customer service to be highly efficient and we are now adding new languages to our requirements."