Ecommerce website translation made easy!
When Bibby Scientific (now Cole Parmer) approached ALM Translations for their ecommerce website translation into French, the medical device, 150,000 word strong e-commerce site did not faze our Technical Solutions Manager. Here’s how:
- Bibby scientific Ltd. is one of the largest, broad-based manufacturers of laboratory products worldwide.
- Given the company’s size, their product list and bespoke e-commerce site contained over 150,000 words!
- Bibby Scientific required localisation of their e-commerce site into French.
- ALM wanted to avoid any manual input in terms of text export and reimport as it can be very time consuming and there is always the risk of introducing errors.
- ALM Translations worked closely with Bibby’s Web Developer to integrate a system both on their side and ALM’s side for importing and exporting the content.
- We devised a bespoke workflow to ensure that all text was ‘captured’ and translated.
- All HTML coding within the site was protected during translation to ensure that the text flowed back in to the new French site correctly.
- We consistently used translation memory systems to ensure cost savings and consistency.
- Functionality tests were finally carried out with 2 rounds of feedback for the developer.
- Costs and developer time were saved by ensuring the database export and import worked correctly, avoiding any costly post-processing issues once the translation was ready.
- Bibby received the best consultative and specialist advice during the localisation process of the content of their bespoke system.
- Bibby saved money through our use of translation memory software, which reduces costs for repetitive content.
- This process helped expedite their time to market and the new site’s launch date by using a team of experienced medical device translators and reviewers to ensure a quicker delivery time.
- ALM Translations worked independently with Bibby’s Web Developer meaning that the Marketing Manager only had to act when needed.
- Bibby was happy with the outcome and will be moving forward with their proposed Spanish site shortly.