Peugeot UK’s French to English translation provider
Working with PSA and Peugeot UK has been a great privilege for ALM Translations, being their main French to English translation provider. From French marketing, after sales and diagnostic software translation, Peugeot needed the best translations carried out by specialist translators.
- A world-wide, bluechip company with many different departments, all with translation requirements, mainly French to English translation services
- Multiple systems in place, inconsistent translations carried out by a mix of native and non-native speaking translators.
- ALM Translations works with many different contacts delivering a varied range of translations, covering technical (diagnostic, recalls), PR (new product launches, press releases) and e-learning documentation.
- The company’s in-house translator in the technical documentation department manually translated and updated documents from a historic library of data.
- ALM Translations assessed the needs of the main technical department in terms of technology, efficiency and revenue.
- We introduced a cloud-based technology solution enabling ALM Translations and Peugeot’s in-house translator to work together.
- We created a cloud-based workflow solution to allow a better flow of terminology and upcycling of data.
- We devised a training programme, training in-house staff on the system.
- We imported all historic data for inclusion in our translation memory system.
- The suggested translation memory system ensured terminology and data were upcycled by Peugeot’s in-house translator, ensuring consistency across the board.
- Savings have reached in the region of 35% across the company, to date.
- Based on the success of this project, ALM Translations has integrated the department’s translation requirements in-house and is now the main point of contact for Peugeot in France and in the UK.
- Turnaround times have been dramatically reduced.
- Client terminology feedback can be adapted and edited quickly for future use.
- Potential to roll out to other departments.
ALM can help you reduce your internal and external translation costs by introducing a centralised system? Contact us today to discuss how we can help you to streamline your translation requirements